Blogs > Field of Play

Sideline to sideline coverage of area high school sports.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Norwalk wins Northern Ohio League

Norwalk won the Northern Ohio League volleyball championship outright with a 25-15, 24-26, 25-19, 25-21 win over Tiffin Columbian. Norwalk finished 13-1 in the NOL and is now 16-6 overall.

"I was very proud of them and the way we played," Norwalk head coach Angie Kalizewski said. "Tonight our seniors really stepped up and played great matches for the both of them. Both Lauren Schluchter and Taylor Blakely worked very hard tonight and did a great job. I could not be more excited about our win tonight and the overall NOL championship. As a first year coach you could not ask for anything more for a conference season. I am so proud of the girls and I have to give a big thanks to not only the coaching staff, parents and fans but also my own family! I could not do any of this without any of them. We are looking forward to a great post season and we have very high expectations. We will begin to prepare for Oak Harbor start tomorrow. This is the best time of the year and I can't wait to see what we are able to do."

Norwalk stats from Columbian Tiffin win

Sam Obringer- 16 of 18 with 5 aces, 23 of 24 for Serve Receive, 23 digs, and 34 of 41 attacks with 12 kills

Oakley Shane- 16 of 18 with 5 aces, 18 of 20 for Serve Receive, 25 of 27 attacks with 11 kills, 19 digs

Lindsey Ziemke- 12 of 13 with 2 aces, 23 of 26 attacks with 4 kills, and 10 digs

Kelli Weininger- 25 of 28 attacks with 13 kills and 6 blocks

Abby Moffit- 18 of 19 with 1 ace, 68 of 68 setting with 24 assists, 11 digs

McKenzie Hall- 12 of 12 with 1 ace, 48 of 49 with 11 assists, and 9 digs

Lauren Schluchter- 14 of 17 attacks with 7 kills

Mikailey- 7 of 8 with 1 ace, 13 of 15 Serve Receive, and 17 digs

Beccah Roth- 7 digs

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am very interesting to know about new travel experiences and new trvel destinations in the world.
So I am always keep my eyes open towards new trends in travel field and good blog posts helping me to know new generation travellers mentality.
This is very Nice and Informative posting and helped me to improve my knowledge position about tourism in these places specified in this post..
Kerala tours

October 20, 2010 at 4:35 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home