Blogs > Field of Play

Sideline to sideline coverage of area high school sports.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Adcock, Sandusky move on

COLUMBUS - It was a successful day for senior Demar Adcock and the Sandusky Blue Streaks at the 2011 State Track and Field Championships at Jesse Memorial Stadium.

Adcock qualified for Saturday's finals in the 100 and 200, and also was part of the 40 relay team along with juniors Marquis Winston, Steve Sanders and Chester Dixie who qualified with a time of 42.49.

Adcock said he satisfied other than a bad start in the 200.

"I felt like I was jogging at the start, then I just turned it on," said Adcock who ran a 21.57 in the 200.

Adcock added that the 400 relay team has good shot to do well in the finals if they clean up their hand-offs.

"I'm pretty tired," Adcock said. "But I'm happy my teammates are down here to run with me."

Here are some other notables who qualified for the finals on Saturday:

Division I

300 Hurdles - Junior Pete Lancione (Avon Lake) 39.13

Division II

110 Hurdles - Senior Devin Bermudez (Perkins) 14.68

300 Hurdles - Bermudez (Perkins) 38.07

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home